Grief+Yoga Teacher Training
An adjunct trauma-informed teacher training for yoga teachers looking to gain more knowledge about grief and trauma in the body and/or therapists looking to integrate embodied mindfulness practices into their sessions.
Mondays | February 1, 8, 15, 22, 9:30-11 am PST, on ZOOM.
Four (4) full scholarships available for BIPOC yoga teachers (see below.)
The Grief Practice course for yoga teachers is comprised of 4 modules, 1.5 hours each, covering 6 areas.
1 Self-care | Trauma stewardship
- the intersection of service and self-care: specific tools to stay sensitive to the effect this work has on you physically and energetically
- how to track your inner state while teaching
2 Trauma + Yoga
- approaching grief in a trauma-intelligent way, blending the classic trauma-informed model with the practical, human side of grief
- stress-cycle completion in yoga
3 Anchors + Pendulation
- how to use anchors and pendulation in a grief-specific yoga setting
- the science behind how grief moves through the body and how breath and movement can support the body in grief
- the language used; the energy of grief and yoga; how to use the postures to affect the whole brain
5 Meditation safety + Trauma
- how to keep meditation safe for students with a history of trauma or traumatic grief
- how to recognize distress signs in students
6 Polyvagal Theory + Grief
- the biology and physiology of grief and how it impacts the mind
- how the body finds safety and the social engagement system
- how to be an anchor for co-regulation
There are 4 full scholarships available for this course for BIPOC yoga teachers. To apply for one of these spots please send an email to Monique at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants are encouraged to attend the sessions live and a recording will be available after each session.